Wilmer United Methodist Church has many opportunities for each individual to become a helpful volunteer – in our church, the community and world-wide . Click the link above to review the many opportunities available to you within the church.
Serving others is woven into the fabric of our community of faith. The Outreach Ministry Team offers at least one opportunity to serve each month and every small group is involved by stretching out our hands in hope to the least, the last and the lost.
Also, as the body, we plan special fundraisers and offerings to connect with those world-wide. See the list below of the many ways we can make a difference around us.
Organizations and Ministries:
- Society of St. Andrew
- United Methodist Children’s Home – Babies First in Mobile, AL
- Inner-City Missions – McKemie Place in Mobile, AL
- Rise Against Hunger
- Living Water International
- Habitat for Humanity
- Heifer Project International
- Samaritan’s Purse
- Communities of Transformation
- Compassion Children International
- Red Bird Mission – Partner Churches: Akiriba UMC in Cameroon, Africa and Red Bird Mission Conference Churches in Beattyville and Annville, KY
- Ecuador Missions – Quito, Ecuador
- Light the Night
- Partner in Education – Wilmer Elementary School
- Open Door Thrift Store – Mobile, AL
Churchwide Special Sundays with offerings enable United Methodists like you to offer refuge in times of disaster, promote peace and justice, provide scholarships and student loans, reach out to the community, teach skills to encourage self-sufficiency and share the love of Jesus Christ with God’s people everywhere.
- Human Relations Day (Sunday before the national observance of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s birthday) strengthens United Methodist outreach to communities in the United States and Puerto Rico, encouraging social justice and work with at-risk youth.
- UMCOR Sunday (fourth Sunday in Lent) Previously known as One Great Hour Of Sharing, this Sunday enables the United Methodist Committee on Relief to reach out through worldwide ministries of food, shelter, health and peace.
- Native American Ministries Sunday (third Sunday of Easter) nurtures mission with Native Americans and provides scholarships for United Methodist Native American seminarians.
- Peace With Justice Sunday (first Sunday after Pentecost) enables The United Methodist Church to have a voice in advocating for peace and justice through a broad spectrum of global programs.
- World Communion Sunday (first Sunday of October) provides scholarships for U.S. racial- and ethnic-minority students and international students, on both undergraduate and graduate levels.
- United Methodist Student Day (last Sunday of November) furnishes scholarships and loans for students attending United Methodist-related and other accredited colleges and universities.